Technical Manager - Epping, Western Cape
Technical Manager - Epping, Western Cape
- Relevant Degree/Diploma ? Chemistry, Chemical Engineering
- Detailed knowledge of and experience in the properties and applications of Bituminous binders.
- Experience in seal design and slurry designs.
- Quality management systems ISO 9001
- Chemical background (or understanding of chemistry)
- Membership to the Society for Asphalt Technology
- Strategic thinker
- Strong organisational skills and planner
- Responsible for all the Laboratories at Branches,
- Manage the department effectively ensuring material quality is consistent and meets the high level of compliance expected, also ensuring full compliance with all QA / QC requirements,
- Provide a full and comprehensive support service proactively to the operations, distribution and commercial departments, championing Quality Management,
- Plan, establish and maintain most efficient designs for all finished products with consideration of quality, production and economic factors, ensuring a competitive edge over competing companies
- Continuous evaluation of new/alternative raw materials to improve the current production range.
- Undertaking troubleshooting operations to solve particular product problems.
- Control of testing equipment of Branch and Head Office laboratories
- Technical liaison with Company Personnel, clients and civil engineering consultants.
- General customer support with the application of the Company product range, through the design of slurry mixes, in-situ recycling mixes and surfacing seals.
- Control of all formulations and compilation of Formulation Manuals for all the Branches.
- Control of Material and Safety Data bulletins.
- Management and coaching of technical team to reach optimum performance of each individual, encouraging employee contribution,
- Ensure direct reports are fully aware of their responsibilities to their subordinates in relation to all relevant Company and statutory procedures,
- Get involved in training and development of the team.
- Lead by example so the team deliver promptly, accurately and effectively,
- Demonstrate a strong work ethic,
- Representation of Company on various industry technical committees such as the Bitumen Specification Committee, the Modified Binders Committee and the Society for Asphalt Technology.
- Regular lectures to Asphalt testers course students.
- Assist with the promotion of products through active participation in seminars, demonstrations and product launches
- Identify new business opportunities with a view to expanding the Company?s product range
- Keep the Organisation at the forefront of new developments by the attendance of related seminars, and planned working sessions in the Company?s Central Laboratory in Paris.
- Cause, and appropriate internal liaison/ reporting,
- Individual management of serious material complaints involving external or head office specialists when appropriate,
- Support others responsible for interpreting customer enquiries and specifications, suggesting more suitable or economically beneficial alternatives where possible,
- Shall demonstrate visible felt leadership, always Leading by example to influence appropriate behaviour, encouraging and coaching their direct reports in developing a positive business and safety culture within their work groups.
- Shall ensure that their operation(s) is managed in accordance with the Company?s Integrated Management System (IMS), standards, rules and procedures.
- That suitable front-line supervision is provided for all work activities.
- That hazards are identified, and risks are adequately controlled. That the workforce is trained, competent and authorised for tasks they are asked to perform.
- To directly and actively praise safe working and challenge unsafe behaviour / conditions which are unsafe and to stop and rectify as appropriate.
- Encourage two-way communications and resolutions via Face to Face conversations with the work group.
- Ensuring full compliance with all Quality Control requirements and responsible to prepare and implement Quality control plan, Quality control procedure, Inspection and test plan etc.
- Provide full comprehensive support service proactively to commercial & operations to ensure a consistent application of Quality Management processes to ensure delivery of the Company Quality Policy and agreed functional aims and objectives
- Read, understand, adhere and comply with the information contained within the Rules of Conduct, Policies, and with any training or other anti-bribery and corruption information given by the Management
- Report any witnessed non-compliance or breach of these policies
If you do not hear from us within two weeks of the closing date, your application has been unsuccessful.
SFG Engineering Services - 1 hour ago