Winemaker Farm Manager | Paarl | Gumtree Classifieds South Africa - 2018-04-27
Winemaker – Paarl
Our client in the Paarl area is looking for a Farm Manager / Winemaker with previously experience as a Farm Manager and winemaker experience.
Salary: Negotiable (Depending on experience) – Basic, Housing, W&E, Company vehicle, petrol, Cell & PC.
• Qualification in a science (fermentation or equivalent would be a plus)
• Agricultural technology (a plus)
• Acute sense of taste and smell
• Previous experience managing farming activities
• Previous experience as an assistant winemaker
• Previous farm/wine making experience abroad (Europe, Australia, New Zealand or South America) will be an advantage.
• Oversee the day to day farming activities
• Manage permanent workforce and seasonal workers
• Sound knowledge of grape varieties and growing regions
• Planning of grape planting strategy
• Manage harvest and transportation process
• Oversee and advise on maintenance of farming and winemaking machines and equipment
• Advise on new and better farming methods
• Oversee production process which includes harvest, crushing, fermentation, aging, blending and bottling
• Oversee daily cellar operations
• Coordinate laboratory analysis
• Develop a cellar and winemaking crew
• Develop and implement winemaking schedules and forecasts
• Manage and maintain inventories
• Understand scientific concepts to alter chemical composition
• Advise and make key decisions based on acid, sugar, sulphur and sulphites
• Advise and implement new ideas and methods
Please apply online.
Frogg Recruitment SA
Consultant Name: Ryno Enslin