Business Development Manager content expired - 2018-02-02
Job purpose and key deliverables
British American Tobacco currently have a very exciting opportunity for a Business Development Manager, to join our team based in Cape Town, South Africa.
The key accountabilities of the role include:
- Development of trade strategies which enhance volume and profit delivery within Southern African Markets with specific focus on Route to Market and Trade coverage planning.
- Development of relevant RTM approaches and trade programs to improve efficiencies and effectiveness of Trade pillar implementation.
- Implementation and management of ISF procurement and monthly Execution guideline
- Drive monthly planning process with End Market representatives for activity formulation and performance tracking.
- Continuous engagement with identified end market(s) to provide support and alignment to global best practice
- Implementation of identified training programs
- 5 years experience within FMCG environment, preferably as a Business Development Manager
- Strong knowledge of trade and retail landscape within Southern African Markets
- Strong numerical and communciation skills
- Leadership skills
- Flexibility for travelling
Working at BAT
British American Tobacco is all about freedom of choice — whether it’s our people or our products. Combined with our entrepreneurial spirit, it’s what’s driven our phenomenal success. We started trading tobacco over a hundred years ago. Today, we’re a multibillion dollar company with more than 200 brands in our portfolio. With robust positions in each of our regional markets, our future looks equally bright too.
There’s no doubt our industry is controversial — we’re the first to admit that. But rest assured, we take a responsible approach to our trade. In each of our markets, we observe every local law regarding tobacco (in many cases going further through our own voluntary code). Not only that, we treat our farmers fairly, invest in the environment and help to sustain local communities.
We also excel at developing our own people into leaders of the future. As a firm with a high-performance culture, we’ll expect a lot from you. But we’ll support you every step of the way to help you deliver. If you’re passionate and ambitious, rapid career progression is a reality here. And because we’re such a large firm (we employ more than 55,000 people worldwide), there are plenty of exciting opportunities for you to develop a truly extraordinary career .
British American Tobacco South Africa