Account Executive content expired - 2018-01-13
- Develop and implement key account plans to meet targets.
- Maintenance of Accounts site lists on BAT South Africa internal systems.
- Implement brand strategies for key accounts in line with Channel Plan.
- Comply with BAT principles of Corporate Social Responsibility and Global Marketing Standards in all activities.
- Maintain account files for each account.
- Manage budgets for trade programmes, trading terms, promotional support and merchandising for key accounts.
- Analyse business performance of BAT and competitors in key accounts to assess effectiveness of developed trade programmes.
- Take responsibility for your own growth, development and training.
- Continuously improve your personal performance in conjunction with line management guidance.
- Operate according to BAT Marketing Leadership Behaviours and Guiding Principles.
- Work unsupervised in the delivery of business targets.
- Identify and develop innovative business opportunities in strategic accounts whilst implementing Key Account Best Practice.
- Assist the Key Account Manager with the development of a long-term account strategy.
- Work closely with other Key Account Managers and Key Account Executives to deliver Channel and Company targets.
- Engage with Key Account (Field) Supervisor to ensure successful execution of account initiatives.
- Provide insights to Brand Executives in the development of brand programmes.
- Develop and manage the business relationship with each account.
- Develop joint business initiatives with strategic accounts.
- 2 - 3 years FMCG experience including field & regional level account management.
- Excellent skills set in analysis, negotiation, leadership, communication and business development.
- Strong understanding of the multiple retail and/or distributive account base and its role within the wider marketplace.
- Strong understanding of consumer behaviour.
- Fact based selling skills.
- Effective negotiation and presentation skills.
- Solid understanding of Category Management & ECR process how to fully utilise the various central resource.
- Strong analytical skills and a general commercial awareness.
- Execellent Excel and PowerPoint skills.
Would be a plus to have ability to:
- Develop account plans consistent with the marketing strategy and business direction.
- Develop trade programmes for key accounts.
- Influence senior management (internal & external).
- Interpret and use marketing research information.
- Recognise potential business opportunities presented by environmental trends.
Working at BAT
British American Tobacco is all about freedom of choice — whether it’s our people or our products. Combined with our entrepreneurial spirit, it’s what’s driven our phenomenal success. We started trading tobacco over a hundred years ago. Today, we’re a multibillion dollar company with more than 200 brands in our portfolio. With robust positions in each of our regional markets, our future looks equally bright too.
There’s no doubt our industry is controversial — we’re the first to admit that. But rest assured, we take a responsible approach to our trade. In each of our markets, we observe every local law regarding tobacco (in many cases going further through our own voluntary code). Not only that, we treat our farmers fairly, invest in the environment and help to sustain local communities.
We also excel at developing our own people into leaders of the future. As a firm with a high-performance culture, we’ll expect a lot from you. But we’ll support you every step of the way to help you deliver. If you’re passionate and ambitious, rapid career progression is a reality here. And because we’re such a large firm (we employ more than 55,000 people worldwide), there are plenty of exciting opportunities for you to develop a truly extraordinary career.
British American Tobacco South Africa